August 9, 2009

LUSH face masks

I worship these! If you haven't tried them you must! Plus they make for great photo taking opportunities haha.

Cosmetic Catastrophe: I got this one after a day where I had considered wearing a mask to uni! My skin was going crazy - I think it was a reaction to Mac Studio Sculpt foundation which I love the finish of but I think I am allergic to. I picked this one up on the reccomendation of the lady there, the name is pretty much self explanatory. This smells soo good and is a wicked purple colour as it contains blueberries. When you have it on, your skin looks like a dinosaur.

Unfortunately I don't think this one is particularly effective for me - although obviously it was up to a pretty big challenge. I also tried it over the next few weeks and its not my fave of the four, but not terrible either. All the face masks leave your skin feeling extremely smooth but other than that, meh. However it did a fantastic job of covering my gross skin so I kept it on all night! It's the best way I'm sure!

Love Lettuce: Just wanted to try something else I guess. I really need to stick to what works but it's a hard lesson to learn I guess. This one is a bit different to the others - it's designed to exfoliate as well. This is nice but seeing as I always use my St Ives scrub, its not really what I am looking for in a mask. I'm looking for the miracle worker that is going to make my skin clear and glowing, duh!

It's quite a strange texture and the exfoliation means that the technique is slightly different. Most of the other masks I just leave on until the literally begin to crumble and then wash off over the sink. This one says to only leave for about 5 minutes. I want it to actually do something so I usually leave it for longer but then to properly exfoliate with it, I have found it works best to jump in the shower, run the water over your face to soften it and then gently exfoliate until it's all washed off. Ta da! This does a good job at reducing oiliness but still not as good as my favourite one.

CUPCAKE: This one is amazing. My favourite. I don't know why I keep buying other ones, after I finish Love Lettuce I am gonna get this one and stick with it. It's brown, it looks gross, when I did it with a friend there were countless jokes from her family. And this one smells soooo good, like mint chocolate.

But wow. If you have oily skin, spotty skin, tired skin - anything - this is great. Using this can get me wearing a tinted moisturiser if that. My skin cleared up amazingly, I had nothing to hide. Please, try this. They aren't too expensive because one pot will do many more masks than they suggest. You don't need to cover your face extremely thickly, it just needs to be an opaque covering. Regardless, it's a low price to pay for something that really helps your skin.



Melissa,
xx.

3 comments:

  1. I'm workin through a Body Shop mask at the moment but when it's finito I think I'm going to give Cupcake a try - sounds like it'd be perfect for my troublesome skin!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think someone has finally convinced me to give lush a try! My skin could desperately use some of that cupcake! I hope it works as well for me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really hope it works for you guys! I guess my mindset is that anything is worth a try! Desperate measures!
    Thanks for commenting!
    Melissa,
    xx.

    ReplyDelete