August 5, 2009

The Nail Buff

I have more recently been getting into beauty blogs, I am somewhat beginning to enjoy these more than youtube videos!  For whatever reason, these seem to be more popular in the UK.  Two which I follow are Hele and Holly and recently they have both set up second blogs. 

Makeup Merchant is such a lovely and generous idea - you can purchase UK beauty products online!  I'll post my haul from there later on - Holly is such a sweet girl and I can't imagine the effort she is putting in to run that blog.

The Nail Buff is running a giveaway about your 3 favourite nailpolishes ever so here goes:

I admit I am a bit of a brand snob when it comes to nail polish - most of the colours I seem to buy are OPI.  We don't really have China Glaze or any of these other cool brands you guys have in the US and UK - but I make do! Ha ha.  I also find that OPI stays on pretty well - minimal chipping, I mostly end up taking it off because of tip wear.  I tend to buy only one or two colours at once and wear these for a season - sad I know!  

My 3 favourites of all time would have to be:

OPI: Heart Throb - this is a gorgeous soft barbie pink (not sure that I'm very good at describing colours but oh well), but it is VERY sheer.  I don't like being able to see my nail line through polish so to be honest it takes me about 4 thin coats to get a really opaque layer.  But I still love it - maybe I am being sucked in by the name!

OPI: Do You Lilac It? - I think every girl in the world is in a lavender phase at the moment and I admit I am of the crowd!  This colour is gorgeous - a little bit different and eye-catching but not too strange for a nail colour!

And the final one is 


Nfu-Oh: #51 - shock horror not an OPI!  This is the most amazing nail polish I have ever seen in my entire life, I can't imagine anything more stunning.  This polish is a sheer jelly-type formula with huge pieces of coloured glitter in it, honestly google for images and you will see what I mean.  It's quite hard to capture it in a photo, my photos are hardly up to scratch.  It has a purple base but the glitter flashes red, yellow, green and blue NO JOKE.  I usually wear it over a darker purple, navy or black to help build up the colour underneath, then just one or two coats of this. And how cute is the bottle!
WOW

Thanks Hele for this sweet giveaway.

Melissa,
xx.


2 comments:

  1. wow love those OPI ones, they are really expensive here and I never buy them but I should invest!That last one is so pretty too!xx

    ReplyDelete