September 11, 2009

Holy Guacamole!

I just depotted! Talk about a spur of the moment decision. I just picked up a palette this afternoon and spent tonight doing it. I followed a fabulous video by dustbunnies77.

It took me a few hours maybe, along with chatting on facebook, having dinner and selecting a soundtrack. I didn't break any, I'm super happy with how it turned out. Only I need a couple more shadows to fill my palette! Not sure what I want yet though. Does anyone have any suggestions - a favourite that I am missing perhaps? I have a couple of other shadows, but one is shattered and one is in the Neo-Sci-Fi packaging so I think I want to keep that.

These are my shadows in the order they appear:
Pollinator, Era, Smoke & Diamonds, empty, Alum
Soft Brown, Woodwinked, empty, Parfait Amour, Moon's Reflection
Star Violet, Mystery, Typographic, Poison Pen, Contrast

Of the bunch, my favourites and most used would have to be:
Era (everyday shadow, all over the lid, adore this)
Typographic (easy to blend, appears black, I mostly use this to set my liner)
Contrast (great crease colour, or sometimes I use this to set my liner, this is stunning)

I'm definitely of the lazy eyeshadow type - often I will just put one colour all over the lid and up into the crease, line and mascara and I'm done! Bad bad bad, with all these gorgeous eye shadows being neglected.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend! Mine was not so great - why must men be so nasty and hurtful? I really don't understand.

Melissa,
xx.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it fab having them all in the one palette? I love my Mac palettes! May I recommend Satin Taupe for your palette. Satin Taupe is one of my favorite Mac eyeshadows and is a Taupe brown with silvery bronze shimmer. It's gorgeous and looks fab on everyone! Another colour I would recommend is Dazzlelight which is the most amazing highlight colour and is also great for the inner corner! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-( Hope you're alright?

    Palette looks good!! I love the first on the bottom row! xxx

    ReplyDelete